Steve Frampton wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Mar 2000, Michael J. McGillick wrote:
>
> > Any word on the street when Red Hat is going to release 6.2?  From what I
> > understand, it's been in beta almost 2 months now.  Being thorough is
> > great, but I want to get my hands on this release and get it installed :)
>
> Not until they move to LPRng and the HelixCode release of
> GNOME.  (Please!)  :-)

        I can wait for a new release of their disto for a long long time if it
means that it will include a journaled filesystem, a logical volume
management system, and other goodies that make it more suited to life in
an enterprise environment. :-)
        Right now we're using Linux extensively in our shop for core services
like DNS, mail, medium and light-duty web servers and medium-duty
database servers. Eventually when Linux gets "there", we'll start
seriously thinking about using it in the position that is currently
occupied in our shop by the big Sun boxes and some legacy SGI equipment.
By then the preferred platform for Linux will probably be on that new
Intel 64-bit chip right? :-)
        Until then, I'm pretty satisfied with RedHat 6.2 on my workstation
here. I'd rather see them take just as long as they need in order to add
as much cool stuff to it as possible.