Thanks in advance.

Will RHL5.1 install from a boot floppy and the CDROM on a 16MB RAM 486?

My attempt to do this on my old 486 failed. I dd'd the boot.img,
supp.img, and rescue.img files from the CD onto floppies and tried
to boot to the resulting boot floppy. The floppy disks made ok. Both the
"standard" install-boot and the "expert" install-boot hung. Repeated
tries of course had the same result. I never got to the supp.img floppy.

This system is running RHL4.2 just fine, but I need some of the
stuff in 5.1, chiefly the Korn shell and ghostscript 4.xx, and
I want to install them from rpm's rather than making them from
source .tgz files.

Is more than 16MB needed to do this install, or is my problem
more likely something else?

Thanks again,

bob jones  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])