Well, this sounds normal; email addresses are "user@host".

> But I would like the sender to be read as [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Why?  If you were connected to outside you might want to masquerade
your internal users/hosts as simply "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" (make sure DNS
has an entry for the plain domain name), which is a straightforward
enough MTA tweak, but with a single host and local users mailing
each other, things should just work.

Do the mails get properly delivered?

If you eventually do want all outgoing mail to use the generic
name, look into FEATURE(masquerade_envelope) and MASQUERADE_AS()
if you're running sendmail.

Cheers,
Peter Monta   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Terayon Communication Systems