On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 10:39:54AM -0300, José Romildo Malaquias wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 03:18:32PM +0200, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:
> > On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, José Romildo Malaquias wrote:
> >
> > > The mailserver is the machine I have at my office just in front of me.
> >
> > Does it have the IP 200.131.209.253?
>
> Yes, it does have the IP 200.131.209.253.

Maybe the problem is the following: Before installing RHL6.2 I decided to
have Wind*ws at my machine (in order to make good use of an HP DeskJet 820Cxi
win printer). So it is configured for dual booting Win98 or RHL6.2. I have
configured both systems to use the same IP address (but with different
hostnames, although same domain name). Probably the message was rejected
while I was running Wind*ws, as it is not serving mail here.

The question is: can I use the same IP address for Wind*ws and RHL in a box
configured for dual booting? I need both conected to the net, but we are
short of IP addresses. As there any solution to this distinct from using
different IP adresses?

Thanks.

Romildo
--
Prof. José Romildo Malaquias <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Departamento de Computação