On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Timothy Reaves wrote:

>     My rc.local file is not being executed on my RH 6.2 server.  I
> copied the local stuff in it over from a RH5 server where it was working
> fine.  Could someone tell me why?
>
>     Thanks.

Hey Tim,

Besides the permissions, check that /etc/rc.d/rc3.d (assuming runlevel is
3) has a file S99local that points to /etc/rc.d/rc.local.

What exactly does not seem to be working? It could be that the script is
running but whatever you're accomplishing is undone later in the boot
sequence, I've had problems with '/usr/bin/setterm -blank 0' getting reset
on machines.

HTH,

Bill Carlson