If all you want to do is print 2, 4, 6, 8 per page, you can use printool
to set up a second printer. In the options you can select how many pages
to put on a piece of paper. It works very well.

If you want headers, you can find the much older nenscript and it can
also do line numbers. I think it was distributed with RedHat 4.x.

My favorite, however, is a2ps (any to postscript) which does an
excellent job and has headers, footers and other features. It can render
html (using netscape), dvi (using dvips), program files (using syntax
highlighting). For a sample, check out
http://www.inf.enst.fr/~demaille/a2ps/

Redhat packages are available as well.

Juan