Chris wrote:

>This machine has no floppy, no CDROM drive, and it doesn't have any
>kind of PCI or ISA bus for a currently supported networking *card*...
>
>However, it does have a hard drive (now) and USB...
>My big quandary.. How to get Linux installed..?

Cheat.

If you've got a second computer, you can do what I've done on numerous
occasions. Pull the HD from the i-opener, and temporarily install it in the
other computer. Install Linux, with all of the resources you'll need to get
things up and working. Then swap the HD back into the i-opener. This
assumes, of course, that both computers are similar enough in terms of
hardware for such a transplant to work.

Janyce