4/13/2000
Resubmitted hoping the list is back up.

Hi
  I have installed RH on several PCs in the past.  Now I am
bring an old Pentium 133 back into play as a Masquerade
server.  I has 96 MB RAM, 2.1 GB HD [the smallest and
cheapest that I could find in my neck of the woods] and two
linksys 10/100 ethernet cards and a generic video card.

  My question is that since I am sure this machine will be
upgraded in the future and that I am not going to install
unnecessary packages on this HD how should I patitiion it?

  My ideas were:
        /boot           20-30 MB
        /home           200 MB
        /usr/sbin       500 MB
        /               everything else

        I have no real reason for this schema.   I want to protect
established scripts etc when reinstall or major upgrading is
necessary.  Any easier schema?

  Second Question:
        Should I plan on using this PC as both masquerading and
firewall machine [ipchains dictates this to a degree] or
should I have a second layer of security?  This is a home
network - not a corporate animal.

Thanks

Bob Hartung