Philippe Moutarlier wrote:

> BTW, I have one question about this organization : how do you control the order in
>which scripts are executed at a given runlevel ?

Each of the symlinks has a three character prefix which tells "init"
what to do with it.  The first character is either a "S" or a "K", which
indicates that the service will be started, or stopped (killed),
respectively.  The second and third characters are numeric, and indicate
at what point in the sequence they should be run.  (S01 will be run
before S10)

MSG