I just upgraded my samba, now I get an error every time logrotate runs;

error: samba:3 unknown option 'missingok' -- ignoring line
error: samba:11 unknown option 'missingok' -- ignoring line

This option "missingok" always gives this error, so why is it in logrotate
scripts?

my samba script follows;

/var/log/samba/log.nmb {
     notifempty
     missingok
     postrotate
         /usr/bin/killall -HUP nmbd
     endscript
}

/var/log/samba/log.smb {
     notifempty
     missingok
     postrotate
         /usr/bin/killall -HUP smbd
     endscript
}

To stop the error I need to comment out the offending lines, but my
question is more to the point, why is the missingok still in these scripts
if logrotate doesn't support it ??

I am getting sick of having to fix new stock scripts that should work when
installed.

Rgds,
Darryl