Significant quote:

%-> I hear a 3 beeps every 10 minutes on Redhat 6.2. I've checked

Quote off.

My computer was doing that for a while.  I found out that the fan on top
of the CPU was not turning.  In this (Award) BIOS, the chip overheat
signal was (apparently) 3 beeps.  Make sure that the fan is plugged in,
and if it is, and still doesn't work, you need a new fan!  I wouldn't
run my computer any longer than I had to without proper cooling, but
I ran this computer for months with this situation, until I found out
what it was.  I am not even sure that the CPU works right, but it
appears to.

..