I don't know if this is LILO-related, mbr related, or
unrelated to Linux, but I've never seen it before:

Machine is Pentium 166, all SCSI, Adaptec 2940 controller.
MB and BIOS are AMD.  System is about 3 ~ 4 years old.

I've had several versions of Linux on it, including the
latest, on the second partition of the drive, but recently
am experiencing boot-up problems, sometimes at turn on,
but more often at warm re-boot.  Sometimes at that point,
a cold boot works, lately that's becoming flaky.

Symptom:  Boot process goes thru logging in all the
SCSI hardware, then gets to the bottom of the boot
screen where it puts up the BIOS s/n, and hangs there.

I can, however, boot off a floppy, and access the
hard drive, so the drive is up and running.  (Yes, I know
I can always access Linux that way, but not W95.)

Any ideas, etc., appreciated.  TIA  --doug

..