hiya - I have an nfs mount active on a machine where the nfs server
no longer exists (the nfs server was removed from the network without
first unmounting on the client machine) and I can't seem to get the
mount unmounted now...

any command that references the mount just hangs... ie.

umount /obsoletemount

or

df

or whatever... killing or restarting nfs doesn't seem to help... how
should I go about killing a (stale??) NFS mount in this case?

thanks in advance, dan.