Jim

I am a unix guy in an NT shop.  I have set up my laptop with redhat 6.2 and
vmware with NT4.  8 - 10 hours a day I live within vmware with no issues.  I
do all the ms office stuff and system admin stuff and the nt network has no
clue about vmware.  It does not support usb devices yet (at least I know
of).  In 3 months it has only crashed once (my fault as I removed the pcmcia
network card while connected to the network).  I have now loaded win2000 in
a separate vm and am in the process of moving my environment over to it
(nice that I do not have to have two machines or to reboot).  VMware support
is a bit spotty, but the product is rock solid.

Try to demo, I think you will like it.

ski