I never found this while going through the scripts.  Is this in the kernel
code or should I have been able to find this in the network scripts.

Does this mean that the /etc/sysconfig/network settings are no longer
used?  I ran into a problem with this on a new 6.2 installation using pppd
demand and ended up putting the old reliable echo 1> ... into the
rc.local.  Is this new or have I been working around it some how on my
firewall box?

Guess I need to go look.  Meanwhile, any insights appreciated.

Bret