hello,
I have a few quick questions.
when someone does the actual make modules is it supposed to compile
all/every module that there is ??
cause after I do a make mrproper then do my xconfig and start the kernel
compile with (and this line is really nice) :

make dep clean modules modules_install bzImage install;/sbin/depmod -a

the kernel compile starts , but it compiles Every Single module that is on
my box, and then gives a sig11 (yes , I have been told that that is a
hardware problem,(but I am pretty damn sure that there is  nothing wrong
with my system(sept that it has the crappy ALi chipset(and that being the
reason I need to recompile a new kernel in the first place)))
So, should a recompile compile every/all modules?
thank you
eric