> If it is not too much to ask, could you tell us/me how you instruct
> printers to send something back? How do you collect the info?

Well, I'm not the author because we have a guy here who is fluent in
postscript. In fact he probably speaks postscript in his sleep.
But from what I know about the program we add a header and a footer to the
postscript before we send it off to a printer. The header contains a few
functions that instruct the printer to send the data back through the same
channel. I'm sorry that I can't be off more help but it's really not my
field of expertise.

BTW, if you think Perl is hairy don't look at postscript :-).

Nickus