On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 11:13:41PM -0700, Joe Brenner wrote:
[...]
> You'd think everyone here grew up using Microsoft mailers.

Actually, I'm beginning to think that that's the exact truth... :-}
Nonetheless, I don't think that's the explanation: After all, if you use
e.g. elm+vi or mutt+vi or similar mailers, your cursor ends up at the
beginning of the message as well, so that's no excuse *not* to scroll
down and delete unnecessary quotes. I can't help but wonder what's so
different about the MS world mailers that people get so lazy.
Also, many people seem to think that hard drive space and bandwidth are
cheap these days and no care needs to be taken to save either.

In any case: Don't hold your breath - that discussion has come up on
this (and other) list(s) numerous times without effect. Looks like the
days of decent mail usage are gone beyond return.

My EUR0.02,

Thomas
--
             "Look, Ma, no obsolete quotes and plain text only!"

     Thomas Ribbrock | http://www.bigfoot.com/~kaytan | ICQ#: 15839919