The seg fault is a crash. Are you reinstalling your original netscape
packages?  Does the other app of yours get a seg fault also?
One thing your might try, make a new non-privliged user and try with
that account.  gnome leaves a lot of garbage in the /tmp dir for
each user that might be causing your problem.

Luck,
Joe