Hi Eagle!

> I wanted to know that if someone forgets the root password and even
> forgets the password which has been assigned for single user mode is
> there any way to get in to the system then

 I guess you mean the restricted password in lilo?
 Well, if you forgot that one as well as your root password, you will have to
boot from floppy into single user mode, and reset the root password.
 If you disabled booting from floppy in the BIOS and even forgot the BIOS
password, you'll have to take out the harddisk and put it in another system
where there is a lilo that does not restrict single user access. In that case
you'll probably have to adjust the systems fstab etc. Final option in this
case is to clear the BIOS.

                                Bye,

                                Leonard.