"It all depends". My ISA SCSI cards do not boot. I mean, they require some
other media to boot (as a floppy or IDE drive) and load the modules. On the
other hand, PCI SCSI cards are "bootable", so you can use your system fully
SCSI. I can not assure this is always true, just observations from my boxes.

-Manuel.