Hi Han,

Try this site.

http://isunix.it.ilstu.edu/resources/lg/issue28/nielsen.html

It is for RedHat 5.x but mostly you can just skip the parts about
recompiling the kernel (built in to 6.x) and replace ipchains for ipfwadmin.

But it would seem that RR has a DHCP Client of their own for Linux boxes,
and that may give you better reliability.

It also links to many other useful resources. But there is very little
concern for security so you will want to start locking things down once you
know you have it working.

Have fun,
 Brian Ashe                     CTO
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]              Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.
 http://www.dee-web.com/
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.

HL> I have a win98/rh6.2 box I'd like to connect via Roadrunner, TimeWarner's cable
modem service. The ip address they provide is dynamic but activating dhcp did not
help. I've also tried the
HL> suggestions on linuxdocs.org to no avail. I can connect without a problem when I
boot to windoze. Does anybody with cable modem access, or even better,  roadrunner
users have any suggestions?