From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Kevin Wood
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2000 10:11 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Dual Promise Controllers

Hey guys and gals,

Got a question for you.  I am building a system with dual promise
Ultra66 Controllers and I am running into some problems with the system
freezing.  I am running RH 6.2 with a kernel rpm that has the ultra66
drives compiled in.  It appears that when I install both controllers the
system (RedHat not the BIOS)freezes and when I have only one controller
in it works fine.  This would appear to be an IRQ problem, but it I have
shut off any unnecessary stuff.

Any Ideas?

Secondly, anyone who has been able to run dual controllers, what is the
configuration of your system: board, processor and so on.

Components of this system:
I810/Biosstar (Tried both)
128MB
2 Promise Ultra66 Controllers
8 - 40.9 GB Drives
CD-Rom
Floppy
Dual Intel NICs
400Watt P/S

I think I have all the bases covered, but the system still gives me
trouble.  Let me know if you have any ideas.

--
Kevin Wood
DCG Computers, Inc./Atipa Linux Solutions