> Does anybody have a list of which logging corresponds to what number:
> I found out local2 logs anything that has to do with ppp. Or that's
> at least what I understood.

> Anybody have the time to mail me the list?

Zoran,

local0 - local7 are user defined or more correctly, program defined.
If you check the source code of any program that is logging to one of
these you will see how this mechanism works.

For a quick and dirty way of handling it just define local0 - local7
in /etc/syslog.conf and see what is logging to each.  For more detail
just download the source and look at the code.  You will be able to
change the logging number if you choose, recompile, and install the
application without much trouble.  This way you can keep different
programs from stepping on each other, logging-wise.  Just FYI.

Enjoy!

Paul

Paul B. Brown                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
President
Brown Technologies Network, Inc.               http://www.btechnet.com/

Systems and Applications Design, Development, Deployment, and Maintenance