On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, Eric Clover wrote:
> hello, im requesting some help with getting a pci lt non-winmodem
> working on 6.2. i have tried the setserial thing, but not sure if i have
> it right because i can not set the irq because i can not find out what
> one it is using. this is what i have in /proc/pci :
>
>   Bus  0, device  11, function  0:
>     Communication controller: Lucent (ex-AT&T) Microelectronics L56xMF
> (rev 1).
>       Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  Master Capable.  No
> bursts.  Min Gnt=252.Max Lat=14.
>       Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xfedff800 [0xfedff800].
>       I/O at 0xf4f8 [0xf4f9].
>       I/O at 0xfc00 [0xfc01].

I beg to differ with you -- if it's a Lucent PCI modem, it
most DEFINITELY is a WinModem -- or better, a SoftModem.
There ARE drivers available for Lucent modems. Try going to
www.linmodems.org. AFAIK, there are only TWO known PCI
modems which are not WinModems...and they use the TI/USR
Chipset. One is made by Phoebe Micro and the other by
(gee...using a USR chipset...what a shock) USR!
        John