I'm having a strange problem, and I have no idea if it's RH related (I don't
think so)...

Anyway, here's what's up.

Got a Win98 box masq'd behind my RH firewall/server/etc...

On Win98 box, use Netscape messenger for e-mail, etc.  - Inbox, configs, etc
are on network drive, so each user get's his own preferences after login.

installed ssh2, and some other stuff on RH, at the same time, applied latest
MS patch to Win98...

Now, Navigator works fine, but the messenger is untolerably slow - literally
on the order of half minutes for messages to load, etc.  At the same time, I
can tell that the server is really straining as the Inbox, etc files are
being perused (I have a smart power supply that increases the fan speed as
power consumption increases)...

Same thing happens for my mail (which is on my ISP's server), and my user's
mail (which is on the RH box).

Upgraded Communicator to a newer version - no apparent effect.

I fired up Outlook, & it seems to be working just fine...

Could I have done something during the RH upgrades that would cause this?

I'm wondering if I screwed up, or if MS's patch had something screwey going
on in it.  Has anybody else noticed anything like this?