With XFree86 3.3.x I was serving up TT fonts with xfstt, absolutely no problem.
I have installed XFree86 3.4.0 on a test partition and it seems to work very
well but how do I access my TT fonts? The support is supposed to be built in,
so I made sure the freetype modules was loaded and added a copy of the
Windows font directory to the font path. Result: nada. An encodings.dir file
is created but the fonts.dir file just has 0 in it.

Anybody tried this yet? What do I do to get the Xserver to see the TT fonts?
TIA
-Robin.