You need to add an entry in /etc/named.conf to tell your name server where
to get info if it can't find it.

         forwarders { 204.127.160.2; 204.127.129.2; };

This should fix the problem.

nslookup only loads one nameserver when you invoke it;

IE; [root@rehanna /root]# nslookup www.compaq.com
Server:  rehanna.ilmtech.com
Address:  199.1.1.2

*** rehanna.ilmtech.com can't find www.compaq.com: Server failed

See the line that says "Server: rehanna.ilmtech.com"

Anyway, I suggest you get and read DNS & BIND if you want to know all about
nslookup and bind. It is too deep a subject to cover here.

Just add the forwarders line within named.conf and all should be ok..

Rgds,
Darryl