[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> Is this really correct? I have a similar problem, but see NTFS is
> listed as a valid filesystem in the manpage, just like MSDOS. I don't
> have to recompile to mount a floppy...

Yes, it's really correct.  Take a look in /lib/modules/<kernel-version>/fs an
look for something called ntfs.o.  You won't find it there unless you build
your own (or possibly use someone else's kernel like Mandrake).  As for msdos,
you should see that you already have fat.o, msdos.o, and vfat.o in your
modules directory --- so they're not an issue.

        -Ray Kraft

--
Ray Kraft               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Seattle Washington