John Aldrich wrote:

> Strictly speaking in general, you need to avoid PCI modems like the
> plague! The vast majority of them are "software" (aka "Win") modems.
> I'd go with the ISA, especially if it's jumper configurable!
>         John

The trend is definetly going toward pci devices.  ISA is considered Legacy and
more and more manufacturers are going to be releasing full blown modems that
are PCI only.  Six months ago I would have agreed with this statement but not
now.  You DO need to be very Careful though to make sure that the moden under
consideration is not a WIN modem.

Bret