Hi all,
I have downloaded the new version of StarOffice (5.2) today and installed
to my Linux box (RedHat 6.0). I did a network installation with -net, and
it went fine. Then run the setup for root -went fine as well. However,
when I logged in as a non-root user and tried to run the setup, installer
says the StarOffice is already installed. I edited all the permissions and
stuff, but it's still the same. It works fine for the root, but not for
the users.
I checked the forum on Sun's web site for Linux installation. Apparently,
there are many people that are having the same problem and have not heard
anything from the Sun.This is really a disappointment... M$ Word under
Windows sucks, but not as much as this... 3 hrs for an installation (which
still does not work for non-root users) is way to much valuable time to
spend...
I was just wondering whether anybody has any solutions/suggestions to this
problem.
Thanks a lot for your help,
Volkan