On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Bret Hughes wrote:

<snip>

->I guess I will need to train my partner to export all images as jpeg.  I
->hate asking people to do more that they are used to just because I want to
->use linux on my workstation.  I guess I will keep doing the reboot shuffle

*** Well, it's not because the lost souls who submitted to the devilish
temptation are in the majority that you have to accept anything. ;-)

On the other hand, let's say you run windows and you don't have Photo de
luxe and Photoshop: How would you read it?

It's simple common sense to use standard formats in order to be able to
exchange with as many people as possible.

It's funny how the windows world likes to preach standards and happens to
be the system with the most amount of proprietary formats in IT history.

Just have a look at the company that says the most nonsense each time
they talk about their moron child: Try to open a big Word6 doc with a lot
of lay-out in Word95, 97 or 2000 and tell me how much fun you had re-
doing it.

Cheers!
  _/ Zoran GRBIC       _/  Linux user & advocate  _/
 _/ UNIX Sys Analyst  _/  Both Micro$oft's clean _/
Mailed with Linux & Pine...