I am trying to combine a few commands to download and update
rpm packages automatically. Now, I know I can use autorpm and
a few other packages to do this, but I would like to use this
as a learning opportunity.

So far I am using wget to get the list of updates and sed and
cut to get the names from the file listing. My question is that
I now have a list of all the files sorted, but this list has
multiple versions of the same package. For example:

kernel-2.2.14-12.i386.rpm
kernel-2.2.14-6.0.1.i386.rpm
kernel-2.2.14-6.1.1.i386.rpm

How do I get a list of only the newest version of each package
listed.

Thanks,
Chad

-----