At work I had the same problem (took me more hours than I care to admit..had to
format each time I tried installing Linux).  Have two IBM 34GB 7200RPM IDE
drives and had to clip them (jumpers) to the 32GB limit for Red Hat to install.
It would install just never boot if I remember correctly.  So my rule of thumb
is IDE 32GB drives and below for linux and anything over that say 75GB for
instance just go with SCSI for now at least until Red Hat 7.0.

Can anyone confirm if kernel 2.4 what the limitation is 200G?  I assume it
overcomes the 33.2GB IDE harddisk problem.
Joe Pranevich: Wonderful World of Linux 2.4 (Final Draft)
http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2000-07-17-014-04-NW-LF-KN

All I could find was 2G file size limitation and from 4 to 10 IDE devices but no
where about the 33.2GB IDE harddisk limitation

adam http://www.kaikun.com

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:57:34 -0500