From: RTS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 4:46 PM
Subject: Re: Cable router vs. IPMASQ

: I have used both for several clients.
:
: I find the Linksys router very easy and in turn has little features.

This was my fear (fewer features).  Could you elaborate on a feature or two
that are missing in the Linksys router?  Here's a scenario I fear:  Just
this weekend, I DL'd a Windows game demo, starcraft and I had to tickle the
IP Chain, port 6112 IRRC, to get it to run multi-player behind the IP Masq
gateway.  I wonder what happens when you have this Linksys switch/gateway
and your favorite new game/app/whatever doesn't work?  I just turned to the
IP Masq applications database and copied the fix to the command line and to
/etc/rc.local.

-Alan