Ok, does your /etc/sysctl.conf look like this?
# Disables packet forwarding
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 0
# Enables source route verification
net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter = 1
# Disables automatic defragmentation (needed for masquerading, LVS)
net.ipv4.ip_always_defrag = 0
# Disables the magic-sysrq key
kernel.sysrq = 0
---Also, I don't mean to leave ya hangin'.  I would really like to see you
through this one.  I could easily have a similar problem anytime, but I need
to travel to Durham, NC and I have to get going.  Let me know if you solve
the problem, and I'll be back Monday.  Hopefully, someone else will jump in
here in the mean time.  See ya.