> Freewwweb.com has been a favorite free access service of Linux
> users on this
> list.  Today on dialing in I got a message saying that I now had to down
> load Juno' software and get my access that way.  I tried to access
> www.freeweb.com and got sent to Juno's site.
>
> Anyone know for sure what is happening?

Freewwweb.com and all affilliates (eg freedsl.com) filed for bankruptcy a
couple of weeks ago.  Juno made an agreement to buy all of the freewwweb
dial up customers.

> Can Juno be used by Linux users?

Not for sure.

> If Juno isn't useable then what would be the next best
> free access service for Linux users?

We don't have any free ISP's around here, but a buddy of mine in Chicago has
tried most all of them, he prefers NetZero.

Justin