Hi!

I want to get a Sun Workstation (second hand). I plan using it as an
engineering workstation, mostly CAD and math software. As I have never used
one before, I have some basic questions.

I looked some on the net, but I did not seem to see any with CD-ROM and/or
floppy. Can this workstations work alone or should they work always
networked?

I found a 50 MHz SPARK workstation with 128MB of RAM. What is the intel
equivalent for this system?

I plan running RH 6.2 on this system. So, whenever I want to install any
other program, I will have to download the tarbals and compile. Is there any
difference between a tarbal for intel and a tarball for SPARK?

I have PowerTools CDs, which, AFAIK, will be useless for the SPARK. But, as
I have also the SRPMs, can I use them to rebuild the packages for SPARK?

BIOS setup for most intel machines is made through a BIOS chip, although for
some boxes (such as micro channel architecture from IBM and some COMPAQs),
setup is made through software. What method is used for Suns?

Is the display to use the same for a Sun than for an intel based PC?? I
found also a 21" display, but I don't know if I need to take special care on
choosing the hardware.

Is there any manual or book that you can recommend me about these equipment?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

-Manuel.