I recent decided to try to build Mozilla, it's been a few months since
I've tried it.  I have Red Hat 6.2 (Intel) installed with all updates,
including the 2.2.16-3 kernel RPM.

When I try to build Mozilla with "gmake -f client.mk", I get this:

checking for gtk-config... /usr/bin/gtk-config
checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** Could not run GTK test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK was incorrectly
installed
*** or that you have moved GTK since it was installed. In the latter case,
you
*** may want to edit the gtk-config script: /usr/bin/gtk-config
configure: error: Test for GTK failed.
*** Fix above errors and then restart with "gmake -f client.mk build"
gmake: *** [/home/chuck/src/mozilla/mozilla/Makefile] Error 1

However, gtk is indeed installed:

rpm -qa | grep -i gtk

gtk+-1.2.6-7
gtk+-devel-1.2.6-7
gtk+10-1.0.6-6
gtk-engines-0.10-3

Looking at the output of config.log doesn't yield much (at least
for me) either.  I can include it if someone wants to help me out and take
a look at it.

Thanks!

--
Chuck Milam