Jake McHenry wrote:

> Get into the same directory as the files, or on the medai, floppy, cdrom, etc..
>
> rpm -i gcc-2.95.2-li.src.rpm
> rpm -i libstde++-2.10.0-1i.ppc.rpm
>
> jake
>
> On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Stephen Liu wrote:
> --
> --Please advise the correct  command/syntax  for the installation of following
> --files
> --
> --gcc-2.95.2-li.src.rpm
> --libstde++-2.10.0-1i.ppc.rpm

Not to split hairs or anything (but hey, I don't have very many left
these days, at least not on the top of my head ;) but this gives you a
little more feedback:

rpm -ivh gcc-2.95.2-li.src.rpm
rpm -ivh libstde++-2.10.0-1i.ppc.rpm

Sometimes it's hard to know which rpm commands require the full
filename, or just the package name, but installing requires the full
name (and possibly the path).

'man rpm' is always handy too...

Steve