OK!!
that got it mostly working.
thank you for the help.
i can access the nfs drive from box2 now, but only as root.
all the all_squash and no_squash stuff is also a little confusing to me
also though.
i have a normal user with the uid/gid of 500 that i want to have access
to the nfs mounted drive, well for that fact, i'd like to enable any/all
users on box2 to be able to acces the drive.
i know it has to be a real simple line of text that i am missing and do
not fully nderstand how to get it to work.
root can access the nfs mounted drive, but i want al users on box2 to
have access(read only) to the nfs drive.
thank you
eric

p.s. Hidong : thank you for the help, didnt know about the nfs script,
that really helped!! =8^)