On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Jake McHenry wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, John Aldrich wrote:
>
> --Sure... YOU don't. But what about the guy who's decided to try linux
> --and barely has enough competence to install it. :-)
> --    John
>
> I feel that people with that little competency should not be allowed to turn on
> the computer. They may hurt themselves.

Yeah, but with all the publicity linux is getting and "linux4windows"
and stuff like that, "Joe Average" is gonna go down to his local
office supply store, grab a copy of Linux4Windows, install it on his
Win98SE machine and call himself a SysAdmin. We can't stop him.
However, we SHOULD be able to prevent him from making STUPID mistakes
by at least using tricks like "./command" to run "command" which is
in the current directory. :-)
        John