OK. The mystery is that rxvt does not support this. I didn't make the
connection. FYI less -X will not work in rxvt.

Thanks to all who responded! I've been a less user for some 15 years.

Bob

| Bob Taylor             Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]             |
| [Concerning MSFT innovating their way out of a wet paper bag.] |
| "Maybe if it were a very very wet paper bag, but then they'd   |
| face the insurmountable barrier of surface tension."           |
| -- Geoffrey Tobin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                     |