Cable modems are a shared medium much like an Ethernet hub.  Given the
filtering you describe it seems likely that your attacker would have to be
on the same shared segment as you.  You could run a packet sniffer like
tcpdump to try and obtain the MAC address of the hacker (assuming that
hasn't been spoofed also).  Armed with this info you should approach your
cable provider to stop the attacks.

Graham.