On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 06:44:29PM -0700, Anthony P wrote:

Hi,

Well, I am just a beginner, so not much help from me,
but from what I remember the standard installation gives
mailbox instalation, but qmail's qmail-pop3d is using Maildir.
have you looked into this ?

qmail-pop3d needs a seperate line in services.

> instruction from README files.

> 1. stopping sendmail service, and ypbind.
> 2. untar var-qmail-1.03-2-gnu-linux-i386.tar.gz
> 3. rpm --rebuild qmail-1.03-102memphis.src.rpm
> 4. /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/qmail-1.03-102memphis.i386.rpm

I find the lwq.html very much more useful than the Readme files.

> 5. installation qmail-run
>     o install function
>     o install daemontools
>     o install ucspi-tcp
>     o rpm -Uvh qmail-run-4-4.i386.rpm
> 6. running qmail-smtpd
> 7. running qmail
> 8. running qmail-pop3d, and in this instruction i
> found error :
>    ----- hard error
>          pop3d running .... done
>    -----
> Then, when i try to use my server mail from outlook, i
> just can send email and i can't reciev

Can you send/recive mail from an account on the server ?
have you tried with pine or mutt on the server ?

If you can send/receive mail on the server,
then it looks more like a win configuration error.

What is the setup you used for your pop connection ?
I am attaching my setup file for pop in a seperate mail to you.

Jacob

--
 A saying of the Buddha from http://metta.lk/