On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 04:41:17AM -0500, Nitebirdz wrote:
| > On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 05:23:35PM -0700, Steve Lee wrote:
| > | what does this mean?
| > | Cdrecord 1.8 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2000 Jrg Schilling
| > | TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
| > | /usr/bin/cdrecord: No space left on device. shmget failed
| > |
| > | i get this sometimes when i try to
| > | burn cds.  When i reboot it works fine.
| > | but its getting old rebooting everytime.
| >
| > Low on swap space? Just a guess. See what top says when it happens and
| > after the reboot when it works.
|
| Not that I know much about CD write, but the error message rather seems to
| point to a problem with the way the CD was mounted.  I guess swap
| shouldn't matter in this case.  Did you try unmounting and then remounting
| the CD?

He's trying to _write_ a CD. You can't mount a blank medium - no
filesystem, y'know.
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

"This _is_ my day job!"
        - Graeme Wong See, replying to an all-too-common snide remark
          regarding the quality of the seamless digital sound editing on
          his Metallica "Enter Uodtjam" remix.