"Thomas Gould" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I just installed RH6.2 on my Win98 second edition computer. More
> often than not (90% of the time), when i boot into graphical mode, I
> have no mouse or keyboard control. Rebooting sometimes fixes this.
> I do not believe this is a "real" freeze, because the cursor is
> still blinking. When I boot to a prompt, the keyboard seams screwy
> - all sorts of weird letter combinations appear on the screen. I
> believe they are both symptoms of the same problem.

Whoa, I've never heard of that one before.  Is it some kind of
weird PC98 or foreign keyboard thing?  Either that or your keyboard
and mouse were detected totally wrong during the install.

You can run 'mouseconfig' at the console to set your mouse
correctly for both gpm and X.  I don't know what to tell you about
your keyboard, except maybe try a different one.  Look in
/etc/sysconfig/keyboard.  If you have a standard PC keyboard and
live in the US, it should say 'KEYTABLE=us' but I'm not sure about
other keyboards (or other configuration files that may change this
stuff).  Basically, it should all be setup during the install, and
if it isn't, then something is terribly wrong.  But then, you
figured that out already, didn't you? :-}

Steve