On 03 Aug 2000 17:49 Nitebirdz wrote:
>On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Glen Lee Edwards wrote:
>> smbmount will only run from root, so every Directory on the mounted file
>> system has owner and permissions set to:
>>
>> drwxr-xr-x   1 root     root          512 Feb 16 05:45 WOW
>>
>> I need to have permissions set to drwxrwxrwx, or owner set to jan:.  As
it
>> is right now the only way I can write to //jan is if I run the local
>> programs from root.
>>
>> Is there any way to change owner or permissions on the mounted file
>> system so I can write to them from a user account?
>>
>> Glen
>
>Check the manual page for smbmount: -f, -u and -g are the flags you're
>looking for.

I just made smbmount and smbumount setuid on my laptop and created a
~/mnt/smb directory to mount SMB shares. Then I can use "smbmount
//smbserver/sharename /home/myusername/mnt/smb" to mount the share in my own
directory as the
owner.

Tony
--
Anthony E. Greene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/>
PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26  C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D