I'm in a bit of a disk space planning bind, and need to
repartition *sigh*.

I run 95,NT and Linux on the same box.  I was wondering about
the feasibility of:

Doing a giant tar to tape of my whole Win95 partition (it will
fit).
Doing a giant tar to tape of all of NT.
Doing a giant tar to tape of all of linux.

Then repartition, reinstall Linux, then untar 95 and NT
back onto the same numbered partition (only it will be bigger
this time).
Then untar my backup on top of my "new" linux install, it
ought to just replace everything, then reboot?

I figure this way I can avoid 95/NT registry weirdness, and
trying to back up open files, etc. etc. from within each OS.

Is there a simpler way?  Has this dragon been fought and beaten
before?

--
Edward Schernau,                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Network Architect               http://www.schernau.com