On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 02:30:03PM +1000, Greg Wright wrote:

> >>But repeated attempts to re-subscribe fail. No answer at all. If I
> >>subscribe from a different account on a different box -- no
> >>problemo. Answered right away. Is there a blacklist? How to get
> >>off?
>
> RH used to use Smartlist for this list and some others, but about 2
> months ago approx, some list/s were changed to mailman, who knows
> whats going on in there now, I did notice that the admin uses
> <listname>[EMAIL PROTECTED]   IIRC , I just recently
> unsubscribed from the other list so cannot tell exactly.
>
> Good Luck, I know you will need it,   BTW Hal, tell us how you go

I hate to dredge old dirt, but I finally got a grip on this, and some
adventure thrown in. I have been unable to subscribe to any redhat
list for some time from this mail account using:

 [hal@feenix hal]$ echo | mail -s subscribe [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 [hal@feenix hal]$ echo | mail -s subscribe [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Trying from another domain has worked fine. Cut and paste the same
command from one xterm to another: local account fails, other domain
works (Slackware). Consistently. By fail, I mean no response of any
kind. Just silence.

zoot had been the list I was unsubscribed from and couldn't get back
on. I finally contacted Kambiz, who I think is the RH list guy. He was
good enough to manually put me on zoot, but thought I wanted off
redhat-list (not real sure why), so unsubscribed me. So unable to
resubscribe back to this list for a week or so. :(

After many, many attempts, I thought for the hell of it I would try
using Mutt to send the mail and Voila! I exist again. Strange journey.

--
Hal B